Friday, September 12, 2008

Errant Velocities

Not even the stress of my job can keep me down!
Sunday Sept. 14 AGLO meets to begin learning Cobra.
-I have continued work on 'Variations on a Forest Floor' (music for rocks, sticks, twigs, leaves, dirt, wind, animal skins, insects, bones, vessels or bodies of water, resonant objects, and human beings) in the form of having created a symbolic representation for each 'instrument.'
-Creating a new 'collage' piece called 'Snake Dream' that primarily uses samples of my voice.
-Creating collages of recordings of the 'Cobra' workshop directed by Raven Chacon and recordings of 'Untitled--------' from the first AGLO meeting.
Tonight I hang out at the new Railyard. Maybe I'll bring my drumsticks and play a recital on available surfaces. Bring a banjo, or solar powered theremin, or rainstick and join me.

No comments: